Arugula Tomato Topping
- 4 c. arugula microgreens, coarsely chopped
- 8 plum tomatoes, cored & diced
- 4 tsp. lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Toss the arugula, tomatoes, lemon juice and olive oil together. Season with salt & pepper.
Tomato Arugula Salsa
- 1 lb. plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup arugula microgreens, chopped
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
Chop by hand and combine all ingredients.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced shallot
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 oz. Mizuna or Arugula Microgreens (4 containers)
Whisk together oil, lemon juice, shallot and salt in a bowl, then add pepper to taste.Toss Mizuna with dressing and serve.
Cheesy Potato and Microgreens Chowder
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 1 container Microgreens, chopped
- 1 c. half & half, light cream or milk
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp. margarine or butter
- 2 cups diced white potatoes
- 2 ½ c. shredded cheese (10 oz)
- Salt & pepper
1. In large saucepan sauté onion in butter until softened. Carefully add chicken broth and potatoes. Bring to boil, reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 8 min.
2. In a bowl whisk half & half and flour until smooth. Add to soup mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the cheese until melted. Do not allow to boil. Season to taste. Pour into bowls & sprinkle with chopped microgreens.
Farmers Market Greens
- 1 tbsp champagne vinegar
- ½ tbsp finely chopped shallot
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ lb mixed microgreens such as mizuna, tatsoi, mustard, arugula (16 cups)
Whisk together vinegar, shallot, salt & pepper in a large bowl, then add oil in a slow stream, whisking until emulsified. Add microgreens and toss until well coated.
Linguine with Uncooked Tomato, Arugula and Olive Sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced and mashed to paste with ¼ tsp salt
- 4 fresh plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 container arugula microgreens, chopped
- 6 Kalamata or other brine cured black olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- ½ lb linguine
In a large bowl stir together the garlic paste, tomatoes, arugula, olives, oil, vinegar, salt & pepper to taste and let the mixture marinate for 20 min. In a large sauce pan of boiling water cook the linguine for 10 min, or until it is done al dente. Drain it and while it is still hot, toss it with the sauce. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Kohlrabi & Apple Salad with Creamy Mustard Dressing
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. coarse grained mustard
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 2 containers purple kohlrabi microgreens, chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
In a bowl whisk the cream until it holds soft peaks. Whisk in the lemon juice, mustard, parsley, sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the kohlrabi and apple and combine
- 2 c. broccoli Microgreens – (2 ) 1oz containers
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ c. basil leaves, lightly packed
- ¼ c. walnuts
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3-4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ c. grated Parmigiano –Reggiano cheese
- Salt if desired
Place, broccoli, garlic, basil & nuts in a a food processor. Add 4 or 5 grinds of pepper. Puree until broccoli ss finely ground but still grainy.
With motor running, drizzle in just enough oil to make mixture spreadable. Scrape down sides of bowl and blend 15 sec. longer. Transfer to a bowl. Mix in cheese & season with salt, if desired. Cover tightly and refrigerate 2 hours before serving. Keeps up to 2 days if stored in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator.